Friday Old Faithful Fountains participated in The Community Association DFW Trade Show, with the theme of "Building One Street at a Time". Each booth was to represent a shop in one's community - for fun we did a Fortune Teller. Selonna, Mike's mother-in-law was our "Fortune Teller". Her zany personality and great people skills made her a natural. We had people waiting in line and bringing over their friends. She had a jeweled box with 15 or so items wrapped in a silk cloth that she displayed, asking each person to pick three items, then she told their fortune using the times selected. As for my fortune, I had picked a gold owl and was told that I used my time wisely, and did my best work at night when I had few distractions. How true that is! Notice that I am blogging at 6:00am. She drew quite the crowd, so Bruce and Mike made plenty of contacts. Each year our fountain raffle is also a crowd pleaser, and generates lots of excitement (see the photo above). We learned from experience that a smaller fountain works best since many of the property managers live in apartments.
"I have no greater joy than to hear my children walk in truth." 3 John verse 4
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Old Faithful's Trade Show
Friday Old Faithful Fountains participated in The Community Association DFW Trade Show, with the theme of "Building One Street at a Time". Each booth was to represent a shop in one's community - for fun we did a Fortune Teller. Selonna, Mike's mother-in-law was our "Fortune Teller". Her zany personality and great people skills made her a natural. We had people waiting in line and bringing over their friends. She had a jeweled box with 15 or so items wrapped in a silk cloth that she displayed, asking each person to pick three items, then she told their fortune using the times selected. As for my fortune, I had picked a gold owl and was told that I used my time wisely, and did my best work at night when I had few distractions. How true that is! Notice that I am blogging at 6:00am. She drew quite the crowd, so Bruce and Mike made plenty of contacts. Each year our fountain raffle is also a crowd pleaser, and generates lots of excitement (see the photo above). We learned from experience that a smaller fountain works best since many of the property managers live in apartments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What do you think those little light spots are in that picture of the fortune teller?
At Grandpa's funeral they were all over in some of the pictures at the church even being taken by various cameras.
The trade show sounds like lots of work and some fun!
Post a Comment