Ike turned sharply to the east after making landfall, so we were spared any damage. Blustery winds and a constant light rain fell for about 5-6 hrs. on Sat afternoon and evening with a total accumulation was less than 2". Unfortunately some of coastal Texas wasn't as blessed. Sat. afternoon I attended a baby shower for Ginger and her twins that was given by her ward family in Frisco. After the shower, Jessie, Ging and I spend several hours inventorying and organizing the blankets and clothing into the various sizes. It is amazing how much "stuff" two little guys will need. Eight weeks to go! Both boys are healthy and growing a little ahead of schedule. No names yet.
"I have no greater joy than to hear my children walk in truth." 3 John verse 4
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Update - Safe and Sound
Ike turned sharply to the east after making landfall, so we were spared any damage. Blustery winds and a constant light rain fell for about 5-6 hrs. on Sat afternoon and evening with a total accumulation was less than 2". Unfortunately some of coastal Texas wasn't as blessed. Sat. afternoon I attended a baby shower for Ginger and her twins that was given by her ward family in Frisco. After the shower, Jessie, Ging and I spend several hours inventorying and organizing the blankets and clothing into the various sizes. It is amazing how much "stuff" two little guys will need. Eight weeks to go! Both boys are healthy and growing a little ahead of schedule. No names yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a week it's been for TX!
It has been interesting to see how your cities have responded.
I love baby showers - I'm sure it was great!
too bad i can't attend baby showers yet... pooh.
but wow; good thing ike turned. that would scare me knowing that something that terrible would be so close.
Post a Comment