1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both- more bags than wrapping. But I prefer to open wrapped presents, the excitement and anticipation lasts longer.
2. Real tree or artificial? A four-foot, artificial, pre-lit tree. Assemble the two sections, slip it into the base and plug in the lights. Voila! The economy size is quicker to decorate. Bruce calls it our "old folk's tree."
3. When do you put up your tree? Generally around the first of Dec.
4. When do you take it down? The day after Chrstmas, or hopefully sometime before the New Year.
5. Do you like eggnog? Love it, non-alcoholic of course!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? At age 11, a transistor radio about the size of a deck of cards - all the rage.
7. Worst Christmas gift ever received? That same radio, because my brother grabbed it from me and dropped on the floor, causing the internal antenna to short-circuit. My dad taped a big silver dollar on top of it to get some reception- it sure looked ugly. I had to hold it just the right direction to avoid static.
8. Hardest person to buy for? No one,if all else fails, cash is always a hit.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Me. I know exactyly what I like.
10. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, about 10 of them ranging from the Fisher Price Little People nativity to a 3-piece Lenox china Holy Family. Many that I have are a one piece unit of the Holy Family-Joseph, Mary and the Christ Child. (Our stake has done a Nativity display for the past 4 years, so I've purchased a few new ones.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail, I'm old fashion.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Love them all, we DVR about 40-50 and watch them all month.
13. When do you start Christmas shopping? Generally about mid-November since I do mostly cash gifts with 46 grandkids.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Soft sugar cookies and fudge.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes - clear ones. Want to try the new LED ones on the house some year.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I'll Be Home for Christmas.
18. Travel or stay home? Wow! That is something I haven't even considered for years because we've been staying home wanting to spend the holiday with my Mom. In Apirl of this year she died at 91 years old. It didn't even dawn on me until I saw this question that we might actually travel.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Rouldolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Donner, Blitzen and 2 elusive guys.
20. Angel or star? We have a new lighted star this year.
21. Open presents Christmas morning or eve? When our kids were still at home, we'd open one gift on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning. Now, since we have so few gifts under the tree (what do we possibly need????) we now wait until Christmas morning.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red, red and more red!
23. Favorite place for Christmas dinner? I'm open, my house or yours!
24. Most annoying thing about this time of year? That stores and other businesses have dropped the use of the greeting "Merry Christmas", and refer to this time as the Holiday Season.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To see and/or hear from all our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment